Monday 28 July 2008

Few quick jobs

1) I've finished the handlebars with self-amalgamating tape, follwing a tip from someone on www.cycle-chat.co.uk. Much neater than the crappy finishing tape supplied with the handle bar tape - it was much to thick and inflexible, and too short to boot.

2) I've also remove the rear mech, and shortened the chain - so I am now at least single speed.

3) I tried to remove the outer chainring, but the washers I bought didn't allow me to do it. Although they fitted over the inner part of the chain-ring bolts, they also needed to fit the outer part as well, so I need to look for some slightly larger ones (M9 rather than M8)

Once I do get the chainring off, all of the items that have come off the bike (Front and read mechs, gear and brake levers, and outer chainring) will be going back on eBay in an effort to recoup some of the cost.

I'll try and get some pictures of these latest bits up later.

Cheers

Matt

No comments: