Thursday 24 July 2008

Handlebars and thoughts thereon...

The handlebars as I have them set up at the moment are shown in the picture above. To be honest Im not sure that Im really getting on with them there doesnt seem to be enough of the straight bit left before the curve comes in for me to comfortably get my hands on. This means that I feel like I dont have a proper hold of the bars as part of my hand is on the curve. With the nature of the ride in the rush hour traffic I don’t have long enough stretches to get my hands up on the bull horn section as it leaves me too far from the brakes.

The straight bar that I brought of eBay showed up yesterday so I may stick that on tonight another advantage is that the brake lever clamps will fit properly around it all I need to do is find the bolts where I dropped them in the shed the other night when they wouldnt fit back in after opening the clamps up to get them around the road bars.

I still have one roll of the bar tape left as with the bars being so short I didn't need to use all of it, so this can go on the flat bars as well.


No comments: