Monday 21 July 2008

Stripping off some unwanted crap

Over the weekend I had a chance to get some work done on the bike - between cutting the a week's worth of growth off the lawn, and trying to wash all of the laundry that came back of holiday with us. So far I have removed

Water bottler holder
2 light brackets
Computer, cable, bracket and magnety thing that goes on the wheel.
Front deraileur, cable and lever.

My overall aim is to get this bike as light as possible - with the Reynolds frame and Mavic rims it already feels light, but there is still a way to go - more on this subject to follow.

The rear deraileur, and both front rings are all still on for the moment while I determine a comfortable gear ratio - more on this to follow as well.

The front and rear mechs and levers, and the brake levers will be appearing on eBay fairly soon as a set - hopefully I should be able to recoup a bit of the purchase price of the bike and other bits.

No comments: